Sonntag, 16. Dezember 2007

Chapter six: Into the rain forest

My prediction: In my opinion, Alex will be very nervous when he meets his dad and maybe Alex won't know what he shall tell him. I think, later on when they got to know each other better, Alex will tell his father what he did all the time in Australia before meeting him. And then he will ask Tom why he had left him and his mum in London.

Evidence from the text: I was almost right with my prediction. They didn't talk a lot, it was just a small talk. Tom made some jokes, hoping the situation will be less embarrassing and to make Alex feel better (p.31 l. 18/19). But Alex was very angry because he wanted to know why Tom didn't send him a postcard at christmas (p.31 l. 23) and after that Tom didn't say anything about excusing himself (p. 31 l. 20).

Keine Kommentare: